YOGA FOR FEELINGS TRAINING PROGRAMS – OUR APPROACH
Yoga for Feelings© is a transformational wellbeing program that builds resilience in children across four states of being – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
It is founded on our W.A.T.C.H.E.R Method© which sets out an integrated and practice-based process for building personal awareness and interpersonal connections in children.
It integrates Western psychology with Eastern philosophy practices to help children become more resilient and understand how to self-regulate, when experiencing a range of emotions, through meditation and yoga activities, evidence-based mindfulness strategies and emotional intelligence stories and games.
Our goal is to build Wellbeing Literacy in children (and adults) so that they can name, identify, understand, interpret, apply and communicate physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing in themselves, others and the world. We teach children how to;
- build physical health by being able to focus on their breath and body
- build mental awareness by being able to pause, focus and builds their capacity for self-regulation
- build emotional health by being able to identify feelings in themselves and others
- build spiritual awareness by being able to express themselves authentically and freely.
We invite parents and adults working with children to build their understanding of Wellbeing Literacy and give them tools to;
- develop listening skills for meaningful conversations that relate directly to every child
- open up conversations and meaningful dialogues with children around their feelings
- engage in an assessment-type conversation to informally assess a child’s wellbeing so they can identify where they are at, what they need and how to use strategies to support them.
READ THROUGH EACH OF OUR PROGRAMS TO WORK OUT WHICH IS THE BEST ONE FOR YOU.