Advanced Teacher Training
For Yoga teachers and educators
- Workshop Objective? Gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver the Yoga for Feelings program in small groups.
- How long is the workshop? 2 full days – 9.00am-5.00pm
- Cost: $695
What will you learn?
- Current research around children’s wellbeing
- How to get ready to deliver a great program (warm-ups and movements, yoga poses, meditations, games, thinking skills and strategies and so much more)
- How to use behaviour management strategies for maximum engagement
- How to use our W.A.T.C.H.E.R Method to assess a child’s wellbeing and determine most appropriate strategy
- How to handle different behaviours in children by role playing everyday scenarios and challenges
- How to be a skilful, engaging and inspiring wellbeing facilitator by
- designing, planning and structuring great classes
- focusing on aims and outcomes
- being flexible and adaptable
- establishing boundaries and rules
- adding variety to activities
- delivering sessions with passion and enthusiasm
- varying pace and tone as need
- utilising positive reinforcement at every opportunity
Why should you choose this program
- It’s the only program that uses a combination of educational pedagogy and practice, kid’s yoga strategies and counselling principles to achieve holistic wellbeing in children
- Based on the teachings from 3,000-year-old Eastern philosophy and current Western psychology practices
- Developed by real-world and hands on classroom experiences over 10 years
- Structured around a unique and practical Wellbeing Literacy approach
- Why and how teaching children’s classes are different than adults
- 10 Best Warm Up routines for all ages
- 7 Essential components for teaching Wellbeing Literacy
- 4 Stages of a child’s physical, mental, emotional and spiritual development
- How to access 100’s of ideas and strategies to improve child wellbeing that have been tried, tested and work!
- How to use our Emotions Wheel and what is happening in the brain when we feel these emotions (based on Dan’s Segal’s Brain Hand Model)
- How to use different breathing practices to address different emotions
- How to deliver mindfulness practices and relaxations that have profound benefit for children
- A W.A.T.C.H.E.R Method Training Manual
- Lesson Plan Model and Templates for preparing successful lesson plans for every age group. This makes planning your lessons easy as you’ll already have a framework and guide to get you started!
- Emotions Wheel Template
- Conversation Guide
- Access to a bank of resources including meditations, videos and more!
- An Accredited Workshop Completion Certificate